The Foundry KATANA 3.0v1Program Type:
Lighting and look development Developer:
The Foundry Visionmongers Ltd.Homepage:
Windows 7 or higher, 64-bit ONLYFile Size:
представляет собой расширение, предназначенное для настройки освещения и рендеринга при композитинге. Максимальная продуктивность работы достигается за счет сочетания использования KATANA и NUKE. KATANA проста в установке и предоставляет на выбор вспомогательные подключаемые модули от таких рендеров как RenderMan, V-Ray, Arnold и 3Delight. Изначально разработкой KATANA занималась компания Sony Pictures Imageworks, и с 2004 года использовалась более чем в 20 телевизионных шоу.Преимущество KATANA в том, что решение работает с огромными массивами данных и позволяет:
• обновлять ресурсы даже после запуска задания
• передавать настройки освещённости между кадрами и последовательностями кадров
• использовать многочисленные рендеры и тонко настраивать их в зависимости от прохода
• использовать особые модификации ресурсов как часть 'формул' освещенности
Расширенные API позволяют интегрировать существующие цепочки процессов, библиотеки шейдеров и инструменты среды разработки. Больше всего внимания привлекает к себе гибкость KATANA. Пользователь может создавать невероятно сложные проекты и при этом контролировать каждый шаг разработки.
Инструкция по активации на Русском языке прилагается, см. 'install_windows_ru.txt'
is the heart of the 3D pipeline; a scalable, flexible and asset based approach to look development and lighting. Built from the ground up with the needs of modern productions in mind, KATANA is a revolutionary, recipe-based and artist-facing shot production solution that offers speed and efficiency, but also scales to meet the needs of even the most demanding CG Features and VFX Films. In addition, KATANA 2.5 is easier to install, and offers an expanded range of supporting plug-ins, including RenderMan, V-Ray, Arnold and 3Delight.
Offering on-demand scenegraph manipulation capabilities, KATANA's node based approach allows rapid turn around of high complexity shots while keeping artists in control and reducing in house development overheads. Extensive APIs mean KATANA integrates with a variety of renderers and your pre-existing shader libraries and workflow tools, whilst its collaborative nature means it scales to meet any demand. The core to the 3D pipeline, KATANA enables standarised workflow, but also affords high levels of customisation to enable bespoke and ground breaking work.
Originally developed at Sony Pictures Imageworks, KATANA has been production proven on over 20 shows since 2004 and is specifically designed to address the needs of highly scalable asset based workflow to:
• Allow updating of assets once shots are already in progress
• Share lighting set-ups, such as edits and overrides, between shots and sequences
• Allow use of multiple renderers and specifying dependencies between render passes
• Allow shot specific modification of assets to become part of the lighting 'recipe' for shots to avoid having to deal with large numbers of shot specific asset variantsDeal with potentially unlimited levels of complexity
KATANA provides a very general framework for efficient look development and lighting, but it also allows extreme flexibility by enabling all scene data presented to a renderer to be inspected and processed by procedural operations and filters.
In November 2009 The Foundry and Sony Pictures Imageworks entered into a technology sharing agreement to collaborate on the development of KATANA. The Foundry released KATANA 1.0 in October 2011 and is making use of KATANA technology in a number of other Foundry products.What's new in KATANA 2.5
• Color and float ramp widgets. Now you can easily select a range of colors or floating-point grayscale values to use as an input to a shader or light with an intuitive, visual UI that offers a more artist-friendly look development experience than in previous versions. The color and float ramp widgets can be used for parameters directly within KATANA, or added to tools in third-party plug-in renderers.
• Online searchable help and developer documentation. Whether you’re an artist or a developer, having easy access to the help or documentation you need is crucial. Now, KATANA’s user, reference and technical guides have been combined into a single HTML-based, searchable system, while the developer documentation is now presented as an online, searchable developer guide that can be easily and regularly updated.
• Gaffer Three light filter support. It’s now possible to add light filters—such as barn doors, blockers or gobos that stop or reduce the effect of a light for certain parts of the scene—directly to lights in Gaffer Three nodes, KATANA’s default lighting tool. This both streamlines the workflow by allowing you to edit all of your lighting information in a single place, and reduces node graph complexity.
• Performance profiling diagnostics. Diagnosing performance issues in complex projects is now easier, thanks to a new mode that enables KATANA to record the time taken by every step when processing a scene. TDs can export and visualize this data in order to help determine the source of the slowdown, and use their findings to optimize the scene.What's new in KATANA 2.6
• UI and UX improvements. Katana 2.6 builds on work started in 2016, with further UI and UX enhancements making it easier to use, even for those picking up the toolset for the first time. We’ve made dozens of fine-tuning improvements to make it faster to get through repetitive tasks, freeing up your time to be creative.
• Important steps toward our new Viewer and API. Significant progress has been made towards the new Hydra-based Viewer through a new custom Viewer API, which will allow pre-built, custom viewers to be connected to Katana. Both the new Viewer and the final Viewer API are expected to be fully operational in an upcoming release.
• Enhanced tech docs. Katana 2.6 comes with improved technical documentation, allowing you to make custom tools and get technical with shaders and UI parameters more easily.What's new in KATANA 3.0
• Hydra Powered Viewport. Katana now features a new, modern viewport powered by Pixar's USD Hydra technology. Designed to render massively complex scenes, the Hydra viewport is a perfect addition to Katana’s Viewer API. Now artists can load huge scenes and view larger portions of their work with buttery-smooth interaction. To compliment this new level of user experience, there’s a set of artist-friendly transform handles, a rich API for creating custom object drawing and manipulators. This new viewport is the game changer all Katana artists have been waiting to have at their fingertips.
• Performance Improvements. No matter what program you use, how much work you get done always comes down to performance. Katana is the same and the team have done a lot of work since Katana 2.6. While the new viewport is 7x to 10x faster, Katana 3.0 itself now starts up and loads files 1.5x faster than previous versions. General performance has also been improved by strategic changes to key areas like CEL, OpScript, and Alembic processing.
• Improved UI. As a compliment to the new viewport and improved performance, we’ve updated the design of the overall UI, added new transform tools, and made information easier to process, so artists can now get more information from Katana at a glance. All part of our larger plan to merge artist driven workflow and UX with Katana’s power and technical foundation.
• Integrated Rendering. Katana 3.0 would be half a solution without a rendering plugin, so Katana 3.0 ships with the NSI powered 3Delight rendering plugin giving users best-in-class production live rendering, free of charge for interactive renders. Fast, powerful, clean rendering and super easy-to-use, this renderer has lots to offer everyone. The 3Delight plugin is the first to tap the full potential of Katana’s rendering APIs. Check out the dedicated page to find out more >>KATANA Features >>KATANA Release Notes >>System RequirementsOfficially Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 64-bit or higherHardware Requirements
CPU: Dual-core processor
Storage: 1+ GB disk space available for installation
Graphics RAM: Minimum: 1+ GB available | Recommended: 2+ GB available
Display: Minimum: 800 x 600 | Recommended: 1920 x 1080
OpenGL: OpenGL 4.3+
'Recommended' does not guarantee that it meets your particular needsTested Workstation Hardware
The configurations listed below are those that Foundry have tested with Katana. Due to the constantly changing nature and wide variety of computer hardware available in the market, Foundry is unable to officially certify hardware. The list below can be used as a recommendation and does not guarantee that it meets your particular needs.
- NVIDIA Quadro M4000
- NVIDIA Quadro P4000
- NVIDIA Quadro K4000
- NVIDIA Quadro K6000
Please download and install the latest graphics driver from the NVIDIA website.Download: