Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 6.0Release Name:
10/23/2008 Interface Language:
.iso File Size:
3.8Gb Windows Embedded CE 6.0
- Componentized, real-time operating system for a wide range of small footprint devices. Windows Embedded CE 6.0 helps device makers be successful and provides developers with a complete portfolio of tested, selectable OS components. In addition CE 6.0 provides source code access and compatibility with several processor architectures.
Here are some of the new technologies and updates provided in this release:
- Support for Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) 6.0.
- Support for Web Services on Devices (WSD) protocol stack and application programming interfaces (API), together with sample code.
- Support for Video over IP telephony calls
- Additional Voice over IP (VoIP) functionality, including a VoIP boot loader application and resources for QVGA landscape and QVGA portrait user interfaces
- Support for the Pocket Outlook Object Model (POOM) and ActiveSync in the VoIP Home Screen and VoIP Contacts applications
- New sample board support packages (BSPs)
- Support for Auto Proxy Configuration Support in Internet Explorer 6 for Windows Embedded CE
- Support for USB CCID Smart Card readers
- Support for Windows Media Player OLE Control Extension (OCX) 7
- Support for flash media management
- A new pluggable font engine framework
- Secure Digital (SD) bus driver that supports SDHC specification 2.00 functionality, such as Secure Digital High-Capacity (SDHC) cardsDownload: