MentalCore v1.7v2Program Type:
Autodesk Maya and Mental Ray Plug-InDeveloper:
CoreCG New Zealand Limited, a division of Oktobor Animation L.P.Homepage:
Autodesk Maya 2013/2014/2015 64-bitFile Size:
2.49Mb / 2.49Mb / 2.49MbMentalCore
- модуль, представляющий собой альтернативу стандартным рабочим процессам рендеринга в Maya и Mental Ray. Проверенный в производстве, MentalCore доводит до совершенства затенение, освещение и конвейер рендеринга, отлично подходит для небольших и крупных студий. MentalCore позволяет сосредоточиться над сложными рендерами и сэкономить драгоценное время, а библиотека шейдеров предлагает на выбор широкий спектр материалов, текстур и шейдеров, помогающих добиться превосходных результатов.
is a plugin that provides an alternative to the standard rendering workflow for Maya and Mental Ray. Designed and proven in production, MentalCore completes the shading, lighting and rendering pipeline, and is suitable for small to large productions. MentalCore allows you to focus on creating great renders in less time, and the shader library provides a wide range of material, texture and utility shaders to help you achieve the look you need.Render Globals Interface
Intergrated into the Mental Ray render globals window, the MentalCore render globals is a well designed interface for tweaking all MentalCore options as well as creating and managing render passes.Render Pass System
A completely new node based render pass system built out of production needs. There is a large selection of available passes to choose from. Individual render passes can be linked to objects, materials and lights to control what is rendered.Preview Render Passes
MentalCore allows you to preview render passes directly in the renderview without the memory overhead of rendering all other passes in one go. During batch render, it will automatically switch out of preview mode.Colour Management
A complete colour management system supporting Linear, sRGB and Rec.709 colour profiles.Shader Library
MentalCore ships with a large shader library that allows you to simplify and enhance your shading workflow. Along with a new Core Material and Hair & Fur Shader, both the Mia and Car Paint Shaders are supported. There is also a collection of texture and utility shaders.Ambient Occlusion Transparency
Ambient occlusion transparency is fully supported. AO can be properly traced through multiple levels of transparent objects. This can be enabled globally or per shader for best performance.Environment Lighting
Use the environment as a ambient light. This provides a very fast way of generating ambient light from an environment texture, with no flickering or artifacts. Combined with ambient occlusion, it can provide a great base for lighting a scene. Local environment lights also help you futher control ambient and indirect light by placing them in the scene.Render Pass Compositing
MentalCore provides a workflow for compositing render passes with nodes inside the hypershade.Camera Features
Built in camera features such as lens type (standard, fisheye, spherical), colour grading, tonemapping, and overlay and background images.Light Bloom
Generate light bloom (glow) effects from bright specular and reflection highlights.Exposed MentalRay Features
MentalCore makes many features of MentalRay available in the render globals, that have not yet been integrated into Maya. Such as Image Based Lighting, Progressive Rendering, Unified Sampling and more.Python API
A simple python api for using MentalCore in any pipeline.And lots more...MentalCore Documentation >>What's new in v1.7v2:Features
- Animated Archives. A new animated archive shader and tools for exporting compressed sequences of animated geometry and loading on demand at render time. This enables are user friendly RIB style workflow inside Maya but without the limitations of existing Mental Ray workflows. Using this feature you can still change shader assignments, light linking and render flags even after the geometry has been exported. Motion blur is also baked into the archive and rendered correctly. See the feature documentation on Core Archives for more info.
- LOD Placeholder Objects. Added a new placeholder geometry shader for on demand loading of static geometry. It features a simple LOD system that enables you to switch between multiple representations of your geometry. It can be used in combination with the Core Archive shader to reduce archive file sizes for static geometry, see the archive documentation for more details.
- Wildcard Renderpass Linking. You can now use wild card names to link objects/materials/lights to render passes to control what’s rendered in a pass. This is a option on the render pass node. Eg, to link only fill lights to a diffuse pass you could specify a expression like “fill*” to link all lights that start with the word “fill”. This makes it easier to copy setups between scenes as it doesn’t rely on connections.
- Texture Switch Shader. Added new shader for switching between multiple texture inputs.
- Updated API. The MentalCore API has been updated with new functions for working with archives and placeholders. See the api documentation for more details.Bug fixes
- Fixed bug where batch renders could potentially checkout interactive licenses
- Fixed bug where Image based lighting wasn’t being enabled
- Fixed bug with final gather artifacts on core hair shader
- Fixed bug with possible incorrect alphas on some shaders using transparency
- Other minor fixesDownload: