XMesh MX v220.127.116.11339 for 3ds MaxProgram Type:
Geometry Caching systemDeveloper:
Thinkbox Software Inc.Homepage:
Windows XP/Vista/7File Size:
представляет собой набор инструментов для кэширования анимированной геометрии сцен в последовательность файлов и последующей загрузки этих данных для рендеринга. XMesh MX
- это реализация в 3ds Max набора инструментов XMesh. XMesh MX состоит из модуля сохранения XMesh Saver MX, который выводит интерфейс MAXScript для обработки сены и сохранения файлов XMesh, и модуля загрузки XMesh Loader MX.
is a set of tools for caching animated scene geometry to an external file sequence and for loading this data later for rendering. XMesh MX
is the 3ds Max implementation of the XMesh toolset. It consists of a commercial Saver plugin (XMesh Saver MX) which exposes a MAXScript Interface for processing the scene and saving the XMesh files, and a free Loader plugin (XMesh Loader MX) which performs the loading. The XMesh Saver User Interface was implemented using MAXScript and can be used as reference / starting point for custom caching solutions.Is It New And Untested?
No. The underlying code of XMesh MX has been under development and in heavy VFX production use since early 2006, giving it 6 years of preparation before it's official release in 2012.Does XMesh Support Other 3D Applications?
The current version ships with only the 3ds Max versions of the Loader and Saver, but implementations of savers and loaders for Maya and Softimage are in beta stages of development.What Are The Advantages Of XMesh?
XMesh MX has the following advantages over the 3ds Max PointCache modifier:
• Support for changing topology.
• Support for changing / animated mesh data channels other than vertex list - the complete mesh definition including Smoothing Groups, Material ID assignments and all 100 Mapping Channels can be saved and re-loaded.
• Smaller disk footprint for similar data thanks to built-in compression.
• Smart data referencing when data remains unchanging between frames.
• Human-readable XML Header Files can include additional information like Bounding Box and Scale as well as arbitrary Metadata.XMesh MX has the following advantages over other Mesh caching solutions:
• Support for pre-calculated Velocity channel with various loading-time interpolation modes.
• Direct support for Thinking Particles velocities acquisition.
• Optional saving of multiple objects as one in World space, as multiple sequences in World or Object space.
• Support for all 100 mapping channels.
• Support for alternative (Proxy) sequence saving and loading for viewport display including built in save-time optimization.
• Additional simplified viewport display modes including Bounding Box, Percent of Vertices and Percentage of Faces.
• Direct support for both sequential and parallel processing of a single sequence on Deadline.
• Multiple files per frame data storage allows the direct referencing of data channels and even the manual editing of XMesh XML Header Files for deeper TD access.XMesh MX has the following advantages over Alembic:
• XMesh is actually available for 3ds Max and is a complete commercial solution as opposed to a set of libraries to develop your own I/O tools.XMesh MX Release History >>