ITOO FOREST PACK PRO V3.4 FOR 3DSMAX-XFORCEProgram Type:
PLUGIN Release Date:
JAN 19TH 2011 Publisher:
ITOO SOFTWARE Homepage:
3ds Max 7 to 2011 (32 & 64 bits)File Size:
33.4 MbiToo Forest Pack Pro
представляет собой плагин для Autodesk 3ds Max и 3ds Max Design, разработанный для создания огромных поверхностей, покрытых деревьями и растениями. Используя родные шейдеры Mental Ray и VRay, позволяет создавать сцены с практически неограниченным количеством объектов и полигонов.
----------------------- iToo Forest Pack Pro
is a plugin for Autodesk 3ds Max, and 3ds Max Design, designed to give a complete solution for creation of vast surfaces of trees and plants. Forest enables you to scatter millions of proxies, high-poly meshes or billboards, and using Mental Ray and VRay native shaders, create scenes with virtually unlimited number of objects and polygons. Product Features:
• Proxy support in Mental Ray and VRay
- Render is accelerated using native shaders for Mental Ray and VRay with native proxies or mesh objects. A typical scene may include 100.000 trees of 1 million of polys each one, and render just in a few minutes. Forest Pack is optimized for speed. It can create more than 500,000 trees per second at viewport, modify any parameter and rebuild them in real-time.
Point Cloud Display
• Points-Cloud display
- The Points-Cloud display mode faithfully reproduces 3D objects in viewports as they will appear in the render. Amazingly fast and handy, this mode allows you to move and edit items in real time, while maintaining a vivid picture of your scenes, however complex they are.
- Create realistic movies with the item animation features. Just use any animated object or proxy, Forest Pack will repeat and randomize it over the scene. Combining with the native shaders, you can create large areas of animated vegetation, crows of people or any other thing that you imagine.
• Diversity - Clusters
- Forest can create automatically clusters of plants, grouping vegetation of same type in a similar way that plants are found in the nature. Futhermore, you can use your own custom map to define what type of element must be planted in each area, using colors as reference.
• Real-time camera clipping
- To minimize resource utilization, tree distribution can be restricted to the camera's field of view. This enables the user to create a fly by of a forest of virtually millions of trees, without wasting scene resources on trees that are out outside the edge of the frame.
• Tree Editor
- Custom Edit mode enables you not only to create automatic distributions, but also add, place or edit items manually. Forest Pro also includes the Creation Tools, to scatter items evenly spaced along splines, using other objects or meshes as reference and much more.
• Tint Variations
- To increase the number of variations, Forest Pack incorporates a random tint feature in their materials and shaders. Forest Pack applies automatically random dye changes in the render, changing the color of each item. On this way, a single object or proxy can be repeated thousand of times, making each repetition to seem unique to eye.
• Scale and Rotation maps
- Rotation and Scaling can be controlled precisely using standard 3DS Max maps. You can now create complex variations over distributions painting directly on maps, or using any type of procedural texture.
• Billboard fake shadows
- High poly objects and proxies are easy and fast to use with Forest Pack, but if you use prefer to use simple billboards, Forest Pack is the right solution for your scenes. Forest Pack was the first 3DS Max scatter plugin specialized on billboard rendering. It includes features a unique fake shadow generator and special billboard shaders for VRay and MentalRay. With these tools you can create realistic images with minimal render times and memory usage.
• Tree Library
- Forest Pack Pro includes more than 100 maps of trees and shrubs especially created for use with the plugin. Forest includes a Library Browser, to select and assign the plants with a single click. The library may be modified by the user, to include new types of geometries, materials and icons.Forest Pack Pro
- Forest Pack Pro has advanced features for surfaces, tree placement and importing/exporing tools. Also it includes a full library of planar trees and shrubs that you can edit it and add your own trees and textures.Release notes Forest Pack v3.4New features and changes:
- New display mode, Points Cloud:
- This ultra-fast mode enables you to see a 3D preview of the plants.
- Adjustable density of points.
- Color by ID or from Material (Diffuse color).
- See Random Tint in real-time.
- "Display Simplification" Level for viewport is replaced by a "Max. Items" parameter.
- The density of items on screen is adjusted on the fly based on Max. Items parameter.
- Improved scattering speed when using Camera clipping.
- New proxy models: Thin Box and Plant. Adjustable opacity and wireframe mode.
- Multiple surfaces support.
- In absence of area splines, the surfaces are used as scattering areas.
- Density and scale falloff curves by altitude. The curve is applied in the range defined by the Top and Bottom parameters (X=0 is Bottom, X=1 is Top).
- Altitude for limits and falloff is computed in Forest local coordinates, instead Surface coords. This mode is more suitable for multiple surfaces use.
- Overlapping of items at different heights is allowed in Generate mode (using multiple surfaces only).
- All "Get UVW form Surface" parameters have been removed. To disable UVW mapping from surface, set map channel to 0.
- All items that don't intersect with a surface are discarded.
- VRay 2.0 support.
- Rotate and Scale maps.
- Random translation on Z axis.
- Boundary checking with Area splines can work in two modes: 'Point', checking only the item's position, or 'Size', using the item's width and its collision radius.
- Nesting level is considered when evaluating the area splines. Nested include splines are used as exclusion zones and viceversa.
- Presets can be exported and imported to external files. Presets list allows to use longer descriptions.
- A special version of Forest 2.4 has been included for compatibility with old scenes (Only Forest Pro). You can select it as optional module in the setup program.
- Exclude and Following splines has been enabled in Forest Lite.Fixes:
- Transform rotation works properly using a fixed angle in mix/max range.
- The current distribution is preserved when changing to Custom Edit mode.
- The "Prevent Self-Shadow" feature was not working well in Mental Ray. This could potentially create flickering shadow issues as well.
- The Surface->Auto feature now works properly with animated surfaces.
- Fixed crashing bug when loading scenes with XRef objects.
- Empty meshes were triggering an error when used with Collisions.
- Collision info in Forest Stats window shows correct results.Software Requirements
- 3D Studio Max 7 to 2011 (32 & 64 bits) or 3D Studio Viz 2006 or greater.
- VRay native shader requires Max 9 with VRay 1.50 SP2 or greater.