WinHex v15.8 SR-1Program Type:
X-Ways Software Technology AGHomepage:
Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7File Size:
- универсальный HEX-редактор - позволяет работать с жесткими дисками, дискетами, CD-ROM, DVD, ZIP, Smart Media, Compact Flash memory cards и прочими носителями, при этом поддерживается FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, CDFS.
Кроме этого, WinHex обеспечивает доступ к виртуальной памяти (этакий RAM-редактор) и позволяет производить множество других операций, включая, например, клонирование дисков или надежное удаление конфиденциальной информации - без возможности последующего восстановления.
is a universal hexadecimal editor, particularly helpful in the realm of computer forensics, data recovery, low-level data processing, and IT security. An advanced tool for everyday and emergency use: inspect and edit all kinds of files, recover deleted files or lost data from hard drives with corrupt file systems or from digital camera cards.Features include:
- Disk editor for hard disks, floppy disks, CD-ROM & DVD, ZIP, Smart Media, Compact Flash, ...
- Powerful directory browser for FAT, NTFS, Ext2/3, ReiserFS, CDFS, UDF
- RAM editor, providing access to other processes' virtual memory
- Data interpreter, knowing 20 data types
- Editing data structures using templates (e.g. to repair partition table/boot sector)
- Concatenating and splitting files, unifying and dividing odd and even bytes/words
- Analyzing and comparing files
- Particularly flexible search and replace functions
- Disk cloning, with a specialist license also under DOS
- Drive images & backups (optionally compressed or split into 650 MB archives)
- Programming interface (API) and scripting (professional & specialist licenses only)
- 128-bit encryption, checksums, CRC32, hashes (MD5, SHA-1, ...)
- Erase (wipe) confidential files securely, hard drive cleansing to protect your privacy
- Import all clipboard formats, incl. ASCII hex values
- Convert between binary, hex ASCII, Intel Hex, and Motorola S
- Character sets: ANSI ASCII, IBM ASCII, EBCDIC, (Unicode)
- Instant window switching. Printing. Random-number generator.
- Supports files >4 GB. Very fast. Easy to use.New in SR-1
- Slight improvements in non-MAPI e-mail extraction from OST/PST archives;
- New option to exclude the e-mail header area from .eml files in Preview mode (not Raw mode). See Directory Browser Options. Useful if you would like to see more of the body of the e-mail without scrolling. You can see subject, sender, recipient and dates already in the directory browser. Attachments are listed when exploring the parent .eml file;
- Recover/Copy: Ability to embed attachments in .eml files in certain situations where that was not supported before;
- The option that allows to append the presumed correct extension to misnamed files or files without extension when copying them has been moved to the Recover/Copy dialog window. That this option had no effect under certain cirumstances in the original 15.8 version has been fixed;
- More file signature and file type definitions for Mac OS X;
- Preview mode: Ability to decrypt the Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6 auto-login password that is stored in /private/etc/kcpassword;
- Ability open reconstruct JBODs that consist of more than 2 components. Ability to load previously reconstructed JBODs that were saved in cases as evidence objects;
- Displays the number of items in a report table in the report table filter dialog window and in the report options dialog window;
- Ability to change the order of report tables in the dialog windows for report table filter, report table associations and report options when selecting 1 report table;
- An exception error was fixed that occurred when listing search hits that resulted from a physical search.