Digital Tutors: Advanced Stereo Workflows in Nuke - DisparityType:
Tutorial, TrainingRelease Date:
Nuke 6.0 and up for project filesRuntime:
1 hrs. 9 min. (10 lessons)File Format:
.iso File Size:
291MbDigital Tutors: Advanced Stereo Workflows in Nuke - Disparity
- In this series of lessons we'll learn a technique to convert a Depth pass from a 3d application into a Disparity map to take advantage of Nuke's advanced Stereo tools. Prior to this course, creating disparity maps required the Ocula plugin, but all the data lives in every depth pass, it just needs to be transformed into a powerful disparity map.
We'll begin this project by learning about Nuke's interpretation and implementation of disparity maps. Then we'll dive right in and learn the mathematical relationship between depth and disparity maps and learn how to offset and multiply our depth into a pixel offset value and shuffle that value into the disparity channels. With our disparity map we will be able to use the advanced reconverge features, as well as automatically place any node that has a position or translate property from one view to the other. We'll finish by learning how to use our disparity values to automatically update stereo offset using expressions.
01. Introduction and Project Overview
02. Understanding what a Disparity map is and how it is generated
03. 3D Depth into Disparity part 1: Invert Depth into correct space
04. 3D Depth into Disparity part 2: Offset Zero Parallax
05. 3D Depth into Disparity part 3: Multiplier into pixels
06. 3D Depth into Disparity part 4: Shuffle into proper channels
07. Using ReConverge with Disparity for powerful stereo editing
08. Using Disparity to automatically copy left/right transforms
09. Dealing with a complex Transform and wrong offsets
10. Creating an expression to update our depth based on position
PROJECT FILES INCLUDED!